Bodies and Structures
Vehicle roofs

Latest Stories

Q&A
Energy

Making over the World’s Leading Hybrid

Its markedly upgraded power and performance take it to a driving-dynamics place difficult to believe could be achieved.

Feature Image

Road Ready
Power

Jeep Springs Its First BEVs

Four all-new, battery-electric models will spearhead Jeep’s plan to electrify 100% of its product lineup by 2025, the Stellantis brand announced on Sept. 7. The quartet of BEVs includes the 4-door Jeep...

Feature Image

What We’re Driving
Mechanical & Fluid Systems

What We’re Driving: 2020 Lincoln Aviator Reserve

For my experience of Lincoln – and I’m not particularly young – I haven’t been able to understand the “sell” of the brand. Low sales numbers and decades of declining...

Feature Image

Technology Report
Power

Lightyear One: 20 Miles of Daily Solar Driving Range

It’s been more than a decade since Toyota first developed a photovoltaic system for the roof of a Prius hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV). Those solar cells, available on Japan-based...

Feature Image

News
Power

Chevy Reveals 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible, C8.R Racer

Reinforcing the Corvette’s long association with astronauts, Chevrolet unveiled the convertible version of its all-new, mid-engine-layout 2020 Corvette Stingray in Cape...

Feature Image

News
Materials

Honda Brings ‘Totalled’ SUV to Auto Show Floor to Highlight Latest Advances in Crash-Safety Engineering

Most of the gleaming product gracing auto shows has been meticulously prepared for public display. In an unusual move, Honda...

Feature Image

News
Design

2016 SAE Congress: Clemson University and Toyota Unveil UBox Concept

A concept vehicle engineered by Clemson University graduate students features a curved glass roof with a multi-material support structure produced by a novel...

Feature Image

Briefs
Information Technology

Method for Detecting Planar Surfaces in Outdoor Urban Environments

The ability to detect and recognize buildings is important to a variety of vision applications operating in outdoor urban environments. These include landmark recognition,...

Feature Image