The reliability, durability, and performance of small and miniature parts in a product or sub assembly depends heavily on the material used, the manufacturing process, and the ability of the producer to deliver a product that meets all the specifications and requirements. Aluminum extrusions and parts are widely used in many industries — including aerospace, automotive, electronics, medical, sports, and U.S. military — and offer many advantages when used in small and miniature parts.
This 60-minute Webinar explores the various technical challenges and issues associated with small parts and solutions to these problems, as well as explores the truth in the adage, “The smaller the part, the bigger the advantages of miniature aluminum extrusions.”
- An explanation of the most appropriate uses and applications of miniature aluminum extrusions and the process involved in producing them
- An in-depth discussion of extrusion manufacturing vis-à-vis CNC machining
- A deep dive into the advantages gained when producing parts with aluminum via the extrusion process
- A look at aluminum alloys, their different uses and performance characteristics, and the precise tolerances that can be achieved
- Several case studies demonstrating the various benefits and advantages that may be gained using miniature aluminum parts
An audience Q&A session will follow the technical presentation.
Michael Casey, Vice President of Sales and Planning, Minalex Corporation
As the Minalex Corporation’s Vice President of Sales and Planning, Michael Casey applies his more than 30 years of experience to implementing effective and strategic goals to support the organization’s operations.
Ron Allen, Quality Control Manager, Minalex Corporation
Ron Allen is the Minalex Corporation’s Quality Control Manager, and he applies his 34 years of experience to overseeing the company’s process of quality, reliability, and performance to ensure precise alignment with the highest production standards.
Tim Mahon, Sales Engineer, Minalex Corporation
With the knowledge gained during his more than 45 years of experience in the aluminum extrusion industry, Minalex Corporation’s Sales Engineer Tim Mahon, supports customers throughout the design and engineering process.
Amanda Hosey, Editor, SAE Media Group